The AILACTE Journal is a refereed journal with national representation on its editorial review board published by the Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education. Each issue is nonthematic. The AILACTE Journal is indexed in ERIC, the Educational Resource Information Center. ERIC is the world's largest digital library of education literature.
AILACTE Journal Call for Manuscripts (pdf)
The journal, published annually, is soliciting manuscripts addressing issues related to teacher education within the liberal arts context; including teaching and learning, pre-service and in-service education, research and practice related to the preparation and development of teachers, and other related topics. Project descriptions, research reports, theoretical papers, papers espousing a particular point of view and descriptions of activities or issues pertinent to the education and professional development of teachers at the local, state or national level would be appropriate topics for the journal.
Criteria for submitting a manuscript:
Manuscripts must be postmarked by June 13, 2014. Authors may choose to submit using either the traditional paper format or using an electronic format.
For paper submissions, authors are asked for the following:
Authors are asked to submit four copies of the manuscript. Manuscripts must:
- comply with The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sixth Edition (2010) for format and style;
- not exceed 15 pages, double-spaced, and within the manuscript there should be no identifying information that reveals authorship or institution.
- contain the complete title and abstract (150-word maximum), and keywords, on the first page of text;
- contain running head (no more than 50 characters) and page number on subsequent pages according to current APA style;
- contain author’s(s’) name and affiliation on the title page only with autobiographical sketches of the author(s) (three to five sentences each) on one separate page; and,
- a one page information sheet that contains the complete name, postal address, email address, telephone and fax numbers of the primary author along with the title of the manuscript.
For electronic submissions, authors should comply with the above but submit manuscripts as follows:
- the full manuscript (no identifying information) with a title page that contains only title, abstract, and keywords
- a separate file that contains the title page which includes title, author and institution, abstract, keywords, and autobiographical sketches of each author (three to five sentences for each)
- a separate file that contains the complete name, postal address, email address, telephone and fax numbers of the primary author along with the title of the manuscript
- all files should be sent as attachments in a single email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An electronic file copy of the manuscript in MS Word or compatible software for Windows 7 will be needed after acceptance for publication. Submit manuscripts to:
Amelia El-Hindi Trail, AILACTE Journal Editor
Attention: Frankie Kozicky, Editorial Assistant
300 North Broadway
Lexington, KY 40508-1797
In light of our blind review process, please address any correspondence to Frankie Kozicky at email@example.com.
Amelia El-Hindi Trail can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at: (859) 233-8220. The AILACTE Journal is produced at Transylvania University, a private liberal arts college in Lexington, Kentucky.
Want to look at a previous year's journal? These are available for your perusal: