Trinity Christian College
Trinity Christian College offers 70 programs of study centered on God’s Word and taught by dedicated professors. Trinity offers teacher education programs leading to teaching certificates in elementary education, secondary education, special programs, and special education inthe state of Illinois. Prior to student-teaching, students participate in field experiences in a variety of settings and grade levels that will prepare them for the realities of the teaching profession.
- Four-year baccalaureate
- Adult Studies Accelerated Program
- Master of Arts programs in Counseling Psychology
- Special Education LBSI
- Special Education LBSII
Students are placed in local classrooms throughout their career for teacher observing, student-aiding, and novice teaching in both public and private schools.
During their senior year, they may choose to participate in up to two internship placements, where they spend a semester teaching a class on their own.
As pre-service teachers, students are prepared to cultivate relational peace, educational equity, and justice for all children and to impact the mind, body, and soul of each student through excellence in teaching.
Degrees awarded through teacher preparation:
- Elementary (K-9 certification)
- Secondary (6-12 certification) in biology education, business education, chemistry education, English education, history education, and mathematics education
- Special programs (K-12 certification) in art education, music education, physical education, and Spanish education
- Special education (K-12 certification) Learning Behavior Specialist I
Enrollment in various programs:
School Size: About 1,369
Student-Faculty Ratio: 11:1
Average Class Size: 20
Contact: Rhoda Mattson, Associate Professor of Education, Director of the Education Unit